Here’s Betty’s first time in the water. I named the boat after my Greyhound that passed away last summer. That’s why I broke a dog biscuit on the bow instead of champagne. I hope to get some better pictures of it sailing over the July 4 weekend. Enjoy these for now.
Looks like I’m getting to the end of my boat building. I think I will be sailing next Saturday.
I got all of the wood veneer done. Next I have to epoxy the deck and then varnish. Also all of the electronics are done the motor is whisper quiet.
I got half of the deck done today. Thank for your help Greg it turned out perfect.
I picked up a old trailer from a ad on Craigslist. I then spent the day sanding off the rust and painting it with Rustoleum truck bed liner. I cut off the 1 7/8 tongue and replaced it with a 2 inch tongue so I don’t have to change out my hitch ball. I updated all the wires and replaced the lights with LED’s.
The mast and deck installed.
Here is the inside new paint and the deck installed.
Got a bunch done today. I finished installing the seats. My Dad worked on a floor that I will post we he finishes. And I got the motor wired and installed.
Here is the new paint. Drying better than the last time.
I decided to remove the Pettit Easypoxy paint from the bottom of my boat. The paint just didn’t cure so off it must go.